Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a week...

I just got done booking plans for a trip to Milan next weekend. We found a flight for 50 Euros and a hostel for 30 euro for 2 nights. We did some research and the place looks pretty legit. Classes are going very well and I am really interested in all the topics we will be covering. I kind of forget I am here for school sometimes. I am adapting very well to this new culture. I still have not had the initial culture shock that most students get when they get here.. but I still feel like i'm on vacation. It doesn't seem real I will call this home for four months. My favorite thing about their culture is the way they socialize, especially during meals. You can sit and eat for a good 2 hours like it is no big deal. No one eats for 10 min. and then rushes about their day. It has been a good way to really get to know each other and enjoy a stereotypical "cafe con leche." Going out at night is also a lot of fun. We seem to prefer the smaller hole in the wall bars where we can just sit in a group and enjoy a few beers (i'm legal here so back off!). I think tonight we are going to try to go to a dance club or discotecta. A true Madrid night is going to a local bar for a few beers around 12, hit up a dance club around 3am, get some churros around 6am, and take the metro home at 6:30 when it opens (it closes at 1:30am so any time between there you need a cab). We will see if I have the energy for all of that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment